Category Archives: Lolcats
When life gets you down, what perks you up? This is my list in no particular order
- Sound of my cats purring : Is there any sound more soothing than the whirring purr motor? Instant bliss.
- Long Walks: It can be beautiful country side dotted with barns and old houses, or watching the gentle waves washing the barriers on Marine Drive
- Hot Tea: It warms the belly and the heart, the stronger the better, with milk and sugar of course.
- Monsoon Rains: I love the rains, especially heavy rains, the sound of water falling gives me peace
- First Snow: Nature’s instant makeover makes everything look oh so pretty
- A page turner: Wodehouse and Christie are tried and tested stress relievers for me. I must have read each and everyone of their books by now.
- Vigorous exercise: Especially the ones where you hit your stride and are vigorous enough that they take you out your head. Dancing, running or brisk walks and yoga are my favorite.
- Music that mesmerizes: It has to have words though, just plain instrumental music doesn’t do it for me.
- Watching a sunset or a sunrise: Never fails to make me happy, beautiful and calming
- Being creative: Writing, cooking or doing some DIY project, painting are all pretty satisfying
- Organizing and Cleaning: Makes me feel in charge, at least of my immediate surrounding and that helps when I am feeling overwhelmed
- When I make the first page of ICHC/lolcats: Always an ego boost to know that others find my creations funny more here
Diwali, the festival of lights is here. May there be light in both my ancestral and my adopted home which have taken a disastrous turn towards darkness in the recent years by electing leaders who maintain their grip on power by appealing to fear and by fostering hate.
We all need to do our bit to banish the darkness, so go vote, if you haven’t voted yet, go vote. Your country needs you, the world needs you. Your vote is your voice and your message. Vote for those who cannot vote to protect themselves, the children still separated from their parents sitting in cages, immigrants who pick your lettuce, the doctors who could potentially save your life after you have had a heart attack. The knowlege workers and other immigrants performing tasks large and small to keep the economy humming and the country running. The current president and the compliant legislature controlled by his party, the Republican party has declared a war on them by calling them moochers, job stealers, rapists and murders.
Vote to protect the future generations who will have to bear the brunt of the tax cuts for the 1% and ravages of global warming. Go out there and vote. People have died so you have the right to vote. I voted early, my first vote in a general election after becoming a citizen last July.
So light your lamp be a force for good and vote blue.
Since I have been sick the past two weeks, I have been remiss in posting reviews. To take my mind off the election results, I was watching the last episode of the Season Six Dominion arc, Sacrifice of Angels and was struck by the parallels between our times and the DS9 universe. It’s the best of all Treks in my opinion. I love the interplay between the various races, the villains who are unapologetically wicked but have human failings and Garak!
Do you have a specific episode you would like me to review. Leave your selection in the comment section. I will do a poll of the first four by Wednesday. Here is the entire episode list for DS9. DS9 is available for streaming on Amazon Prime and CBS.
Until then enjoy the Klingon Kitteh, one of my lols that got more than 1000 votes when it made to the first page on ICHC, a few years ago. Kittehs + Trek = Win Win!