Eric Cantor lost to his primary challenger yesterday, so today Punditubbies of the Beltway media are out in full force trying to decipher what it all means.
After spending years convincing us how President Obama is responsible for everything they don’t like and how everything would be magically better if he just had a dinner date with the Republican leadership,they have suddenly awakened to the disarray among the Republicans.
By two_kittehs (Picture by: dorothyfrancesgoldstein)
When will the Villagers also acknowledge the following:
- There is no ideological difference between the Tea Party and Republican Party.
- Their ideology is based on hate and fear.
- Talk radio and Fox News personalities set the political agenda for the GOP
- You cannot compromise with nihilists who shut down the government and want to default on the debt
- Immigration reform is dead and so is any other meaningful legislative action until the make-up of the House changes.
- Last but not the least, both sides don’t do it.
I am not holding my breath.
ETA: As far as I know none of the major news media outlets had any idea that this would happen. How seriously should one take them when they don’t know what is happening in their own backyard.