Donald Trump Gambles on Immigration but Sends Conflicting Signals
Really, Patrick Healy? Is that what you got out of Trump’s white nationalist speech? The focus of the undocumented immigrants is just a prelude to a far more radical agenda, overturning the 1965 Immigration and Nationality Act. Make America Great Again is code for Make America White Again.
These are his policies goals:
1. Deport the undocumented by a deportation task force (on the day he takes office)
2. Ban Muslims and any other undesirables as determined by Trump from entering the country on temporary visas (visitor, student, work visas etc)
4. Give local law enforcement jurisdiction over immigration matters which is currently strictly under Federal jurisdiction
3.Overturn the immigration and naturalization act of 1965
5. Get rid of birthright citizenship (remember his rant about anchor babies)
And the final solution, not articulated but can be inferred from the hate he has been spewing for the last one year. Or before, if you take into account his entire birther campaign against President Obama.
6. Impose loyalty tests on naturalized citizens, legal immigrants and children of immigrants for being insufficiently American (you know like Judge Curiel). He doesn’t say what he plans to do with those found not sufficiently loyal but we have history as our guide for this one.