Monthly Archives: April 2019
When life gets you down, what perks you up? This is my list in no particular order
- Sound of my cats purring : Is there any sound more soothing than the whirring purr motor? Instant bliss.
- Long Walks: It can be beautiful country side dotted with barns and old houses, or watching the gentle waves washing the barriers on Marine Drive
- Hot Tea: It warms the belly and the heart, the stronger the better, with milk and sugar of course.
- Monsoon Rains: I love the rains, especially heavy rains, the sound of water falling gives me peace
- First Snow: Nature’s instant makeover makes everything look oh so pretty
- A page turner: Wodehouse and Christie are tried and tested stress relievers for me. I must have read each and everyone of their books by now.
- Vigorous exercise: Especially the ones where you hit your stride and are vigorous enough that they take you out your head. Dancing, running or brisk walks and yoga are my favorite.
- Music that mesmerizes: It has to have words though, just plain instrumental music doesn’t do it for me.
- Watching a sunset or a sunrise: Never fails to make me happy, beautiful and calming
- Being creative: Writing, cooking or doing some DIY project, painting are all pretty satisfying
- Organizing and Cleaning: Makes me feel in charge, at least of my immediate surrounding and that helps when I am feeling overwhelmed
- When I make the first page of ICHC/lolcats: Always an ego boost to know that others find my creations funny more here